About the Run
Why Run the Salmon Run?
- A hallmark race in the region, celebrating its 29th year
- Recognized for its beautiful course along the spectacular Deschutes River
- One of the first half marathon of the year in the NW
- An excellent opportunity to set your base for your future endeavors
- Half Marathon, 10k & 5k are a mixed of trails and paved paths. All races will start at the Armory in Bend’s Old Mill District and travel along the river as the salmon do.
Packet Pick Up: Saturday, April 8th, 2017
- Location: Birkenstock of Bend| 826 Wall Street, Bend, OR 97703
- Time: 11am-3pm
- Bring your own bag to packet pick-up to promote “Little to No Waste” event
Race Day: Sunday, April 9th, 2017
- 8:00 am: Late packet pick-up at the start/finish area
- 9:00 am: Half Marathon Start (Overall & Masters awards at 11:30 am)
- 9:15 am: 10K Start (Overall & Masters awards at 10:45 am)
- 9:30 am: 5K Start (Overall & Masters awards at 10:15 am )
- Little Fry Run (Kids Ages 3-10 y.o.) Part of Kids Rock the Races series
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Overall and Masters for Males and Females will receive a special award
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd for each age groups will earn a ribbon
Runners can not win both overall and masters awards. If a masters runner finishes top 3 overall, he/she will win the overall award and the masters award will role down.
Post Race Goodies
- Delicious post race food
- Delicious, beer to reward those of age, once you cross the finish line!
- Each finisher will receive a seed packet
2017 T-Shirt for purchase, $20
2017 shirts are sold separately. Share the love with this pretty cool souvenir.
Support/ First Aid
We are proud to be providing medical and first aid response by Crackerjack First Response Specialists; a complete EMS solution providing an affordable solution to first aid, advanced medical, and safety services for any event or race. Licensed, insured, and staffed with EMT, Paramedics, and Doctors they’re raising the standard. Look for them at the start/ finish area and along the course. www.crackerjackresponse.com | 844-991-0911
Children and Strollers
Strollers are permitted on the 5k. Strollers are permitted but not suggested on the 10k. Due to the tight and narrow trails, strollers are not permitted on the half marathon.
For more information on our children’s Little Fry Run, click here. Have a Little Fry that is ready for a longer journey? Feel free to register your child for the 5k & 10k distances. Age minimum for 5k is 8 years old, Age minimum for 10k is 10 years old. Age minimum for 1/2 marathon is 12 years old. Age exceptions are possible with prior approval.
For ADA accommodations, contact Luke Larsen: (541) 323-0964 | firstname.lastname@example.org